Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you use them to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Win-win! Read the full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting Angie Away and The Jet Sisters!
Renting a Car in Las Vegas
Did you know it only takes 10 minutes to go from the bright lights of the casinos on the Las Vegas Strip to red rocks and endless stretches of colorful desert? In all my past adventures in Las Vegas, I never explored beyond the hotels.
Renting a car is a routine part of the travel experience for many of us, especially business travelers who are used to hopping in the first economy car available at the Hertz counter. A sensible Hyundai will do the trick for a board meeting in Scranton, but there are some cities where it makes sense to splash out for a dream car. You know, cities where everyone is one-upping their neighbor and dressing to impress; sexy Miami, status-obsessed Los Angeles and of course, sparkly Las Vegas.
On our last visit to Las Vegas, I worked with All Star Cars and got to choose between dozens of outrageously luxurious supercars and SUVs, from Lamborghinis to Bentleys. Full disclosure, I know next-to-absolutely nothing about cars. I don’t know the difference between a carburetor and a muffler. The only thing I know about Bugattis is what Britney Spears taught me. (You better work, b.) And that some relationships are like driving a Maserati down a dead-end street. (Thanks, T. Swift.) Also, the best Corvette is a little red one. (RIP Prince.)
All Star Cars had a ton of vehicles to choose from, including:
- Bentley Bentayga
- Cadillac Escalade
- Ferrari 488 Spider
- Ford F-250 Super Truck
- Lamborghini Hurucan Evo Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz G 550
- Range Rover Supercharged Strut
- Rolls-Royce Ghost
And plenty more. So I picked the car that looked the best to me. Apparently, there’s really a lot more to cars than that, but I did what I could with my limited knowledge. My main priority was that it was an exotic supercar that would look snazzy in pictures. I also wanted it to be red. Did I think about the size, the speed or the details? No.
To me, a red car is a red car is a red car.
Boy, was I wrong.
I planned all this in secret, so Rick had no idea that the rental car we were on our way to pick up was going to be the sickest, most expensive vehicle either one of us had ever driven. I almost pulled off the surprise, too, until our Uber driver said, “So, you’re going to rent a luxury car, huh? Which one did you get – Rolls Royce? Ferrari? Range Rover?”
Ugh, shut up and drive, Scooter!
So Rick wasn’t as surprised as he could’ve been if not for our loose-lipped driver, but he was super stoked about the car I picked: a sleek Chevy Corvette Stingray. It goes 0-60 in 3 seconds and has a top speed of 184 mph. (Which is hilarious because I barely ever drive over the speed limit.)
READ MORE: Best US Road Trips to Take Now
The Stingray’s heart is Chevy’s next-generation 6.2L Small Block V-8 LT2 engine, the only naturally aspirated V-8 in the segment. It will produce 495 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque when equipped with performance exhaust — the most horsepower and torque for any entry Corvette. -All Star Cars
You hear that? Small block engine! Torque! Horsepower! Naturally aspirated V-8! Woo hoo!
And the best part for me… it’s Torch Red!
How much is an exotic car rental in Las Vegas?
It depends on quite a few things. Believe it or not, the Corvette Stingray is one of the more affordable options, starting at $700/day. A steal to get to explore Vegas day trips like a pro athlete might. Here are a few of my favorites from All Star Car’s exotic car inventory along with starting prices:
- Convertible Bentley – $500/day
- Ferrari Spider – $1,100/day
- Rolls Royce Wraith – $1,700/day
What you need to know before you book a Las Vegas exotic car rental:
- You are going to need a high level of car insurance, because these supercars and exotic SUVs cost $100,000+, and hey, accidents happen. We had to spend some time on the phone with our car insurance company to boost up our coverage once we arrived and realized. Best to make sure you’re covered in advance so you aren’t left scrambling.
- Sporty Lambos and Corvettes are great in theory, but if you’re super tall (like Rick) or pleasantly curvy (like me), you would do well to read up on the specifications and reviews of your dream car before booking it. Of course, I didn’t think about this at all before booking our sassy Stingray, so upon arrival I internally freaked out when I imagined Rick’s poor head sticking out the top of the car and his arm dangling out the window. Turns out, if we’d gone with any of the Lamborghinis or Ferraris at All Star Cars, old Paul Bunyan over here wouldn’t have fit. We got very lucky that the Stingray was both roomy enough for both of us and dead sexy. Don’t hesitate to call your Las Vegas exotic car rental shop before you pick to walk through your options and see what would be the best (literal) fit.
- Prepare to be stared at. Everywhere we went, people gawked at us when we parked the Stingray. Is this what it feels like to be rich and famous? You could see people whispering, “Who is that?” If y’all only knew! I drive a freaking Kia Grocery Getter back home, drawing attention from absolutely no one. We are so average that it tickled us to think anyone could possibly confuse us for anyone important.
Best Las Vegas Exotic Car Rentals
We really enjoyed renting from All Star Cars. Their office is right off the Strip, so it’s easy to get there, but they also offer VIP pick up and drop off at select Las Vegas hotels and McCarran International Airport. They have a VIP concierge service available should you need help with reservations while in Vegas, and the staff was very nice and patient, answering all of our questions before turning over the keys and wishing us a fun adventure.
The thing about Las Vegas that’s quite different from many other destinations: you can get insane deals on Vegas hotels, which are exciting destinations unto themselves, and spend the rest of your budget on adventures like launching grenades and blowing stuff up in the desert, splashing out a mortgage payment on tickets to the latest hot residency or racing the sports car of your dreams on a closed track.
More Las Vegas Adventures You’ll Love
- Deluxe Nighttime Helicopter Flight Over the Strip
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with Champagne Picnic
- Happy Hour on the High Roller
- Big Bus Open Top Nighttime Tour of Las Vegas
The Corvette Stingray was sleek, stupid fast and so much fun to drive. Perfect for day trips to the Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park and Red Rock Canyon, not to mention cruising the Las Vegas Strip just like Jay-Z and Beyonce. Or whoever else does that.
Sadly, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. And that includes your beautiful sporty rental car. Some relationships just aren’t meant to last.