**CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19.**
We’ve just learned that the 2020 Jane Austen Festival is cancelled. We’ve refunded all of our guests and have fingers crossed that we’ll be able to try again next year.
Join us in September in the historic Georgian city of Bath, as beautiful as it was when Jane Austen walked these streets from 1801-1806.
“Heaven knows what I should have done without your friendship…” Sense and Sensibility
September 11-15, 2020
The first Jane Austen Festival in Bath took place in 2001 over a weekend; now it’s become the largest, longest running and most famous Jane Austen event in the world with more than 3,500 attendees and 10 days of balls, parades and plays. The Regency Promenade alone attracts more than 500 costumed participants now – a sight to behold!
Bath is a city rich in history – the whole place is a UNESCO World Heritage site for good reason. Founded by the Romans as a thermal spa in 60 AD, the town’s population ebbed and flowed over the centuries. Bath Abbey was founded in the 7th century, and rebuilt in the 12th and 16th centuries. In the 18th century, George III developed Bath into the elegant town surrounding the historic Roman ruins and still-active geothermal spring we recognize today. It’s a stunning city with history and charm peeping around every corner!
Ever since we attended the Jane Austen Festival in Bath in 2016, we’ve heard from so many other U.S.-based Janeites who would love to attend but don’t necessarily have a ton of friends interested in parading around a beautiful English town in flowing gowns. Can you believe it’s not everyone’s cup of tea?! You know what Jane says about that, “One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.”
If that speaks to your heart, look no further. You’ve found your sisterhood!
WHO’S THIS TRIP FOR?
- If you can watch Pride & Prejudice 100 times in a row and never get tired of it
- If you’ve ever referred to an ex as a “Wickham”
- If you have multiple copies of the same Austen books just because you like the different covers
- If you have Austen quotes on the homepage of your website (wait, just us?)
- If you love to travel and if dressing up makes you feel that much closer to the destination and its historic roots
We’ve curated an incredible trip that would make Jane and all her heroines proud. Expect to participate in everything from Regency dances, parades, live theatrical performances and walking tours. Yes, we will be dressing up! Plus, we’ll explore Bath’s top attractions, including the Roman Baths, the Pump House and historic Bath Abbey. We’ll go to the spa like Jane, we’ll eat Sally Lunn’s famous buns like Jane and we’ll no doubt talk excitedly about the day’s events late into the night like Jane and Cassandra.
The Jet Sisters & Jane Austen will take place September 11-15, 2020, during the annual Jane Austen Festival in Bath. In honor of Jane’s birth year, the price for this adventure is $1,775 USD.
- “Take the waters” just like Jane at spring-fed Thermae Bath Spa
- Entrance to multiple Jane Austen Festival events, including the Regency Promenade, Festival Fayre, Country Dance Ball, workshops and more
- Cocktails at the Canary Gin Bar
- Lunch at Sally Lunn’s, the oldest house in Bath and home to the famous Bath bun
- Tickets to explore the Jane Austen Centre
- Guided tour of UNESCO Heritage sites the Roman Baths, Pump House and Bath Abbey
- Gift bags with fabulous Jane swag
- Daily continental breakfast
- 4 nights shared accommodations in a luxurious home in the heart of Bath
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Optional: Private photo session in your Regency attire with award-winning photographer B.A. Van Sise (+$200)
- Transportation to and from Bath
- Costumes for events (Wondering where to start? We can help!)
- Meals, drinks & activities not listed on the itinerary
- Mandatory travel insurance (we use Allianz)
Getting to Bath
Our accommodations are within walking distance of Bath’s train station, so most guests will fly into London and take a 90-minute train out to Bath. There are a variety of bus options available from the major cities in the UK, too, and you can book a private transfer as well. And if you’d rather avoid London altogether, the nearest airport is Bristol (BRS), though its international flights are more limited. We have a trusted travel agent we can recommend to coordinate flights and transfers to Bath if you like.
Ready to Book?
It is a truth universally acknowledged…. that there’s a $500 non-refundable deposit required to reserve your space. We anticipate this experience to sell out and space is extremely limited due to ticket availability at the Jane Austen Festival.
Balances are due no later than 90 days from departure: June 11, 2020
Once we receive your deposit, you’ll receive a confirmation email, invitation to our private Facebook group and a form to fill out to help us get to know you and prepare for your arrival. We will be there every step of the way to answer questions and make you feel comfortable traveling with us. If anything, we’ll probably over-prepare you for the trip – we like to cross our Ts and dot our Is!
First step, register here, then complete your payment below.
I want to explore more of England while I’m there. Help!
Shoot us an email! We have a curated list of trusted tours, tour operators, hotels and sights in the area you’ll love. (Downton Abbey, anyone?!)
But what shall I wear to the ball?
We’ll dive into the particulars of Regency attire and how to pack for this unique experience in our private Facebook group for attendees only. There are a few events we’ll be attending where costumes are mandatory; other than that, you’re free to wear whatever you like during our Bath adventure.
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes, we can make that work. Email us at thejetsisters @ gmail.com.
Why is travel insurance required?
Is there an age requirement?
Can I have my own room?
All accommodations for this trip are shared. Just think of it like your own houseful of Bennet sisters.
Can I room with a friend?
Of course! Let us know on your information sheet when you book if you have a preferred roommate. And if you’re traveling solo, don’t worry! We’ll pair you with another solo traveler based on the info you share with us at booking.
What if I need a refund?
The $500 deposit is non-refundable, and balances are due 90 days before departure.
- 90+ days before departure: 100% refund less deposit
- 30-90 days before departure: 50% refund less deposit
- 30 days or less before departure: 0% refund
Is there a waiting list?
Yes! We expect our trips to sell out quickly but we’ll keep a first-come, first-served waitlist just in case. Email us at thejetsisters @gmail.com to add your name to the wait list.
Still have questions?
Email us at thejetsisters @gmail.com.