Every traveler needs a list.
Call it a travel bucket list, a life list or even a plain old to-do list. It just wouldn’t be my life without heaps of goals and mountains of lists, even for the fun stuff. I’m adding to this one as ideas come to me, but I’d love to get your thoughts on anything I’m leaving out so far.
It’s a big world… so I better get started!
- See the green flash.
Travel around the world. Cage dive with sharks in Hawaii. Cage dive with Great White Sharks in South Africa. Show a dog at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in NYC. Swim with Whale Sharks.
- See the Northern Lights.
Attend a bachelorette party in Las Vegas. Interview with Mark Burnett & Donald Trump. Teach a class. Ride a camel. Take kitesurfing lessons.
- Do a night dive.
Take surf lessons. Move to NYC. Be location independent and fiscally secure.
- Work on a yacht.
See the Perseid meteor shower.
- Sleep at the White House.
- Pay off my student loan.
- Write a book.
Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Do voiceover work.
Zorb in New Zealand.
- Get a story published in Conde Nast Traveler.
- Get a photo in National Geographic.
Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in person. Make a snow angel. Snowboard.
- Go to the Jane Austen Festival in Bath, England.
Visit the Holy Land. Hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing in New Zealand.
- Meet the Queen.
- Meet Britney.
- Complete a wreck dive.
Participate in a flash mob.
- Be a missionary.
- Attend the Kentucky Derby.
- Become a certified yoga instructor.
Ride a Vespa around Rome at night.
- Attend the Super Bowl.
Sleep outside for one whole night with no tent or anything. Jump into the world’s deepest inland blue hole on Long Island, Bahamas.
- Learn to play piano or guitar.
Take trapeze lessons.
- Get my own show on the Travel Channel (or any network, really).
Camp under the stars in Africa. Get on The Today Show. Whitewater raft in New Zealand.
- Whitewater raft the Grand Canyon.
- Learn to do a split.
Swim in the Nile.
- Perform in a community theater production.
Go on an African safari.
- Take ballroom dancing lessons.
Take Ninja lessons.
- Learn to play golf.
Ride an elephant.
- Win an Oscar and an Emmy.
Explore the Egyptian Pyramids. Float in the Dead Sea. Swim with dolphins.
- Write for a TV sitcom.
Hike Mt. Sinai in the middle of the night and watch the sun rise
- Decorate a home.
Attend Running of the Bulls in Pamplona. Learn French. Learn Spanish.
- Learn Italian.
Experience Songkran in Thailand & New Year’s in Laos Attend a soccer game in South America. Visit 6 continents by age 30.
- Attend a ball in Vienna.
- Take cool pictures in Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia.
- Ride on the TransSiberian Railway.
- See polar bears in the wild.
- Attend a World Cup match.
- Carry the Olympic torch. (Though I think that involves running….booo)
Sleep in a castle.
- Swim with Beluga whales.